Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Finding Order Among The Chaos


Becoming a stay at home mom is something I have truly come to enjoy. However, doing 95% of the housework is NOT something I have come to enjoy. I felt like I was constantly cleaning and yet my house pretty much looked like the same disaster it was when I started. I found a chore rotation list on Pinterest that has really change my day to day routine. I altered it to fit my weekly cleaning needs and you can to the same. 
  
As you can see, there are a few things I do every day to make the house actually LOOK clean. The "pick up basket" is a place where you throw things that are out of place throughout the day. At the end of the day, put everything in the basket in its place. The weekly chores ensure everything gets done, leaving time every day to do a little something for myself.  Tuesdays are a "swing day."  I pick one chore from the "swing day" list each Tuesday.  These are chores that only need to be done once every month and a half. I kept Wednesdays and Fridays light on chores because those are the days I usually schedule doctor's appointments or play dates. 

I also figured out an easy way to display papers on your fridge.  I used a car magnet and page protector.
Simply insert the magnet into the page protector and slip the paper in front of it.  This car magnet would easily keep several papers in one page protector securely on the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment